Terms of ServicePlease read our Terms Of Service before availing any services.
Terms Of Service: Global India Express
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE (“Terms and Conditions”)
When ordering GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS’s services you, as “Shipper”, are agreeing, on your behalf and on behalf of anyone else with an interest in the Shipment, that the Terms and Conditions shall apply from the time that GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS accepts the Shipment unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorized officer of GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS.
“Shipment” means all documents or parcels that travel under one waybill and which may be carried by any means GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS chooses, including air, road or any other carrier. A “waybill” shall include any label produced by GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS automated systems, waybill, or consignment note and shall incorporate these Terms and Conditions. Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein. If Shipper requires greater protection, then insurance may be arranged at an additional cost. (Please see below for further information). “GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS” means any member of the GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS Network.
- 1. Customs, Exports and Imports
GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS may perform any of the following activities on Shipper’s behalf in order to provide its services to Shipper: (1) complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any duties or taxes required under applicable laws and regulations, (2) act as Shipper’s forwarding agent for customs and export control purposes and as Receiver solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry and (3) redirect the Shipment to Receiver’s import broker or other address upon request by any person who GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS believes in its reasonable opinion to be authorized. (4) Any Duty & Taxes or Warehouse charges at destination or origin custom (if goods return to origin) will be debited to shipper if consignee will refuse to pay. All duty & Taxes and warehouse charges are depend on forwarding network and destination country custom policy. Global India Express have no any responsibility about duty & taxes. (5) Shipper will have to provide two or three authorized address proof and photo id proof to Global India Express (As per Global India Express), if shipper fail to share these document then shipment will be hold and cannot be connect with forwarding network or for custom clearance. (6) If shipment will be detained or stopped by origin/destination custom for any reason, shipper/consignee will have to provide the all related document or information and shipper/consignee will have to attend the custom (if Global India Express Suggest to shipper). Global India Express have no any responsibility for detained or stopped shipment from custom.
- 2. Unacceptable Shipments
Shipper agrees that its Shipment is acceptable for transportation and is deemed unacceptable if: it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), ADR (European Road Transport Regulation on dangerous goods), any applicable government department or other relevant organization;
no customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulations; it contains counterfeit goods, animals, bullion, currency, banderols/tax stickers, bearer form negotiable instruments, precious metals and stones; real or imitation firearms, parts thereof, weapons, explosives and ammunition; human remains, pornography or illegal narcotics/drugs), it contains any other item which GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS decides cannot be carried safely or legally, or its packaging is defective or inadequate.
Note: If shipment carry any prohibited or restricted or undeclared goods (Without any information), Global India Express have rights to detained that and goods and if require then Global India Express will forward these case to related Indian legal regulatory or department (Narcotics or local police or related department).
3. Deliveries and Undeliverable:
Shipments cannot be delivered to P.O. boxes or postal codes. Shipments are delivered to the Receiver’s address given by Shipper (which in the case of mail services shall be deemed to be the first receiving postal service) but not necessarily to the named Receiver personally. Shipments to addresses with a central receiving area will be delivered to that area. If the Shipment is deemed to be unacceptable, or it has been undervalued for customs purposes, or Receiver cannot be reasonably identified or located, or Receiver refuses delivery or to pay for delivery, GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS shall use reasonable efforts to return the Shipment to Shipper at Shipper’s cost, failing which the Shipment may be released, disposed of or sold by GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS or Related Forwarding Network or Agency, without incurring any liability whatsoever to Shipper or anyone else, with the proceeds applied against service charges and related expenses like destination duty & taxes, warehouse charges and destroy charges will be debited to shipper and shipper will have to pay and shipper will have to share the all necessary information regarding the same (If require).
GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS has the right to open and inspect a Shipment without notice. Global India Express is not responsible if shipment will be open for physical inspection at origin custom and destination custom under the authorized regulatory body.
- 5. Shipment Charges
GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS’s Shipment charges are calculated according to the higher of actual or volumetric weight and any Shipment may be re-weighed and re-measured by GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS to confirm this calculation. Shipper shall pay or reimburse GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS for all Shipment charges, ancillary charges, duties and taxes owed for services provided by GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS or incurred by GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS on Shipper’s or Receiver’s or any third party’s behalf and all claims, damages, fines and expenses incurred if the Shipment is deemed unacceptable for transport . If any claim then shipper can follow the claim policy as Claim Section.
6. GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS’s Liability: Global India Express are working with full efforts with well qualified executive to provide the exclusive and customer friendly service to customer. Company will provide for expert executive for Goods pickup and all transportation service till the delivery. Note: Pickup Executive are responsible till the shipment collection. Once the shipment picked from shipper then for any query, Shipper will have to contact with any Office or Branch office of Global India Express. Pickup Executive are not responsible for any query or question.
7 Time Limits for Claims
All claims must be submitted in writing (Verbally will not be acceptable) to THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, within Three days after the delivery or within Three days after the pickup (if shipment not forwarded or connected) from the date that THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS accepted the Shipment, failing which THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, shall have no liability whatsoever. All claim must be submitted from the authorized shipper with AWB Copy and if shipment delivered then do not forget to generate the complaint number from the delivery network. All the complain of delivered shipment will be acceptable when shipper will provide the complaint number from delivery network. Note: Claim will be acceptable only from authorized shipper. 8 Shipment Insurance*
THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, can arrange insurance for the Shipper covering the actual cash value in respect of loss of or physical damage to the Shipment, provided the Shipper completes the insurance section on the front of the waybill or requests THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, and pays the applicable premium. Shipment insurance does not cover indirect loss or damage, or loss or damage caused by delays. 9 Delayed Shipments
THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, regular delivery schedules, but these are not guaranteed and do not form part of the contract. THE GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, is not liable for any damages or loss caused by delays. All the delivery will be done by subject to origin and destination custom clearance
10. Circumstances Beyond GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS’s Control
GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS’s control. These include but are not limited to:- electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings; any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the Shipment, even if known to GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS; any act or omission by a person not employed or contracted by GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS - e.g. Shipper, Receiver, third party, customs or other government official; “Force Majeure” - e.g. earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog, war, plane crash or embargo, riot or civil commotion, industrial action.
- 11. International Conventions
If the Shipment is transported by air and involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Montreal Convention, or the Warsaw Convention as applicable, governs. For international road transportation, the Convention for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR) may apply. These conventions limit GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS’s liability for loss or damage.
- 12. Shipper’s Warranties and Indemnity
Shipper shall indemnify and hold GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS harmless for any loss or damage arising out of Shipper’s failure to comply with any applicable laws or regulations and for Shipper’s breach of the following warranties and representations:
all information provided by Shipper or its representatives is complete and accurate;
the Shipment was prepared in secure premises by Shipper’s employees;
Shipper employed reliable staff to prepare the Shipment;
Shipper protected the Shipment against unauthorized interference during preparation, storage and transportation to GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS;
the Shipment is properly marked and addressed and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling;
all applicable customs, import, export and other laws and regulations have been complied with; and
the waybill has been signed by Shipper’s authorized representative and the Terms and Conditions constitute binding and enforceable obligations of Shipper.
13. Global India Express will not be responsible if the shipment is delayed/returned to the shipper/routing. All the charges of Return/Address
Correction/Remote Delivery/ Custom Duty & Taxes (If consignee refuses to pay) has to be paid by the shipper.
14. Global India Express reserves the right to change the forwarding network and repack the shipment as require without any prior notice to the shipper. For any reason, if the shipment is not forwarded by Global India Express, shipper will have to collect it from the local branch as advised. Global India Express is not responsible to return the shipment to the primary shipper in any case.
13. Routing Shipper agrees to all routing and diversion, including the possibility that the Shipment may be carried via intermediate stopping places. If shipment will be routing under the direction of shipper/consignee then all the routing and address correction charges will be debited to shipper as per Global India Express.
14. Governing Law Any dispute arising under or in any way connected with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject, for the benefit of GLOBAL INDIA EXPRESS, to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of, and governed by the law of, the country of origin of the Shipment and Shipper irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, unless contrary to applicable law.
- 15. Shipment return policy: If shipment will be return to shipper after the pickup from shipper, Global India Express are not responsible to make return on time commitment, shipper will have to collect it from nearest branch of Global India Express after deducted the shipment processing charge and pickup charges. If shipper will send the parcel then, Global India Express will provide the free warehouse service for 15Days from the date of the pickup. After that or if shipper will not send the parcel then, Warehouse/Storage charges will be applicable from the day of the pickup date as below:
Weight up to 500gm @ INR 120 Per day, Up to 10Kg @ INR 210 Per day and more then 10kg or each box will be charge INR 150 Per day.
Global India Express
L341, Street No. 1, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, 110037.